HUMIDIFIERS

5 tips to get the most out of your cool mist humidifier

5 tips to get the most out of your cool mist humidifier

Using a humidifier to treat health problems

A common reason for using a humidifier is to prevent or alleviate the problems commonly associated with extremely dry air, from dry skin to the severe respiratory problems of COPD.

Keep the humidity between 30 and 50 percent

If you replenish the air with moisture, dry and irritated skin and nasal passages will be relieved. However, too much humidity can cause other problems, such as mites and mold. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends keeping humidity below 50 percent. And if you keep the humidity above 30 percent, it will still feel good.

Choose the perfect humidifier design

Home humidifiers come in a variety of styles to best suit various purposes. Generally, the different types are divided into hot and cold fog patterns. Hot mist humidifiers generally produce visible water vapor, while many cold mist machines produce mist that is not visible.

Change the tank water every day

Mold and bacteria grow in standing water. If you change the water in the humidifier frequently or every day, unwanted growth cannot get into the air.

Choose the ideal Humidifier Size

Room humidifiers come in a variety of sizes so you can fit different rooms. Labeling generally identifies the appropriate device for a particular area of ​​the room. In addition, humidifiers can be classified according to the size of the water tank or the time between refills.

Use distilled water

Tap water can contain minerals or other particles that make it easy for mold and bacteria to grow. Using distilled water will keep your humidifier from growing microorganism.

Never put salt in a humidifier

Some people imagine that you can add salt to the water in the humidifier tank to create a fresh, salty ocean air smell and taste. This is a very bad idea. Salt dissolved in water can damage metal components, shorten humidifier life, clog filters, and interfere with their operation.

Skip if you have an allergy to mold or house dust mites

more moisture can lead to mold and house dust mites. Not good for anyone, but especially for people with allergies to mold and dust mites, even the slightest irritation can cause big

Back to list